Going through the security checkpoint How does the security checkpoint work?
Wait times can be long at the security checkpoint. For greater peace of mind, try to arrive early at the airport.
Prohibited objects in the cabin
Certain items are prohibited in the cabin, including:
- knives and all sharp-edged, blunt, metallic or non-metallic objects that could be used as weapons (nail clippers, razor blades, etc.),
- cartridges and ammunition for hunting and sporting weapons,
- perfumes and liquids in containers larger than 100 ml/3.4 oz,
- aerosols for cosmetic use in containers larger than 100 ml/3.4 oz.
Please note: all prohibited objects must be handed over to the checkpoint agent to be destroyed.
Liquids, gels, pastes, creams
Liquids, gels, creams and pastes in small quantities are allowed in the cabin:
- in containers of 100 ml / 3.4 oz max each,
- they must be placed in one clear plastic bag with a maximum volume of 1 l / 33.8 oz,
- 1 single bag per person is permitted.
The following products are permitted without restriction, if they will be necessary during your flight:
- baby food,
- medication, accompanied by a prescription or a statement from your doctor,
- food for a specific dietary regimen.
If you travel with a specific medical device (pacemaker, prosthesis, other medical device, etc.), airport staff may ask you to provide a supporting document (medical certificate, prescription in your name, etc.) at the security gate.